第529回定例会 June-13-2020 オンライン例会
Doors opened as usual at 14:00. As usual there was a brief online workshop to practice different ZOOM functions.
President E.M. called meeting to order at 14:20. Word Master announced Today’s word of the day:”They” used for a single third party as a gender-free concept. The word of the day is the word to be used intensively during the meeting.
Control was passed to today’s meeting moderator TM Y.U. who led the Educational Session. Supporters were: Grammarian TM M.H, Vote Counter TM A.T. and Timer. TM T. O. We thanked Guest TM K.N as Area Director, TM T. S and TM A. T.
Prepared Speech Session
1st Speaker was TM M. Y.: Her speech titled, “The Communication Style”.
She learned there were 4 Communication styles, DIRECT, INITIATING,SUPPORTIVE, and ANALYTICAL. Then, to identify her preferred Communication Style, she answered the questionnaire on the Pathways.As a result, her communication style was INITIATING.
After complete this project, she realized that understanding communication styles is important and it makes better relationship with others.
2nd Speaker was TM T. U.: His speech titled, “When you receive an emotional e-mail”. He told us “Have you received an emotional e-mail? “ When you write an e-mail for requesting something, giving an information to your colleague or friends, but the reply was amazing for you because the mail was extremely emotional. He explained about past e-mails with examples of failures.
Quick reply e-mail involves troubles. He tried not to response e-mail quickly.
At the Evaluation Session, TM M. H evaluated first speech, and TM K.K. evaluated second speech, pointing out areas that are commendable as well as these for improvements.
Table topic! This program is to answer to the given topic questions in the form of a 2-minute speech. Table Topics master, TM E. M created questions for all using various memorial days in June.
- June 1: The day of barley tea. A barley tea industry promotes sales to summer… Q: Do you like barley tea?
- June 4; Tooth Decay Prevention Day starts from June 4 to June 10 … Q: How do you care of your teeth every day?
- June 6; The day of Viking”. Smorgasbord is famous in Viking dishes. People serve themselves from large number of different dishes …Q: Do you like Viking dishes?
- June 10th; The anniversary of time. There are many ways to know time …Q: Do you have watch? If not, how do you know what time it is?
- June 6: The day of Ume liquor. Rainy season starts today. Ume liquor is good for preventing food poisoning and summer heat. …Q: Do you like to drink Ume liquor?
- June 15: The day of Summer greeting cards. Post office starts selling Summer greeting cards. According to a survey, people feel happier to receive Summer greeting cards than new year cards…Q: Do you have the habit of sending Summer greeting cards?
- June 16: The day of Japanese cake. There are many kind of Japanese cakes known as Japanese style confectionery …Q: What kind of Japanese cake do you recommend for foreigner?
- June 17: The day of policeman. 150 years ago, Koban system started today. …Q:Have you recently been concerned with policeman?
- June 20: The day of Snack food. We have a lot of snack foods in convenience store…Q: Do you eat snack food every day?
- June 23: Father’s Day. …Q .If so, please tell us about your father.
General Evaluator was today’s guest of honor, Area Director K.N. She favorably praised the two evaluators and each section with suggestions for improvement. We are thankful for her generous support on us that continued throughout this term by visiting us, and taking roles at the meeting on our request. It was great to hear that she will continue to visit after leaving her role.
Today’s TMOD Award was presented to TM T.O. We thank him for completing the room reservations and role assignments in a difficult environment to prevent corona virus infections.
..Best table topics Award went to TM A. T. His speech was made on Question 6 on good phrases. Y.U